I come across this recipe on Facebook this morning. I should have never made them because I want to eat the whole pan!!!!!!!!! They are so moist but not too moist, very chocolatey and they are hiding applesauce and zucchini in them! Definitely wishing I had put zucchini in the freezer this past summer. Here is the recipe, I had to share. I will share the link at the bottom of the page because there were more recipes that looked great as well.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup applesauce or other fruit purée
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (approx. 2 medium)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix flours, cocoa powder, wheat germ, hemp hearts, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, mix canola oil, applesauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (or use muffin liners) filling about 2/3rds full.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from tin and cool on rack.
I used all white flour and no chocolate chips because I did not have whole wheat flour or chocolate chips on hand.
Stealthy, healthy ingredients for your baking.