Tuesday 8 April 2014

Hearty vegetable soup

Today I made a really delicious pot of vegetable soup. We had steak and baked potatoes in the crockpot last night. I had a little bit leftover and so I decided to make soup! I just threw whatever I had in and it turned out very good.

What you'll need:

1 piece of steak, cooked
6 cups water
1/2-1 cups of celery, diced
1-2 cups carrots, diced
1/2 of a medium sized onion
2 medium sized potatoes, cubed
1-2 cups frozen peas
1-2 cups frozen green beans
1 beef bouillon
Beef broth
Salt (I used 2 tsp, I realize that might be too much for some ppl, adjust accordingly)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup pot barley

I let steak simmer in water for 15-20 minutes. Add onion, celery, frozen peas/beans and carrots. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add pot barley, tomato soup, salt, pepper and beef bouillon. I had some beef broth on hand in the fridge that I needed to use up so I dumped it in. It's really not necessary if you have the beef bouillon to throw in. I put my potatoes in last as they were cooked through already and just needed to warm up with the soup. Let it all simmer together for about 15 minutes or so and wa - la!!  You have some seriously delicious satisfying soup on your hands...... :)

Keep in mind, you can adjust any of the ingredients however you like to your taste.

Happy Tuesday!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment