Friday 20 June 2014

Homemade dishwasher soap

Yes! This is for real and it does work!! I have been wanting to try this for awhile now especially since we moved and have soft water. Now tbe lady that I got this recipe from stated on her blog that she has hard water and that it works for her. But I asked my mother-in-law to try it in her dishwasher and it does not work with her hard water. With my soft water I was very excited to find that it works really well! 

The recipe :

1 cup borax
1 cup super washing soda
1/2 cup table salt
1/2 cup citric acid

Mix together. Use 1 tbsp per load. She says to use two tbsp in hard water. I also put vinegar in my rinse aid spot. I'm so excited that this works. Anywhere I can cut costs in my household / grocery bill is an exciting thing to me ;)

If you decide to try this, let me know how it works for you!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment