Friday 31 October 2014

Five Things Friday

1. I'm soooo excited for Christmas this year but every time I think about it I almost have a heart attack because I realize all over again that my due date is a week after Christmas. So I really have no clue how this Christmas will turn out...What was I thinking??!! Oh right, I wasn't ;)

2. This is a really busy weekend...Not sure what I was thinking here either. Tanner's Nursery School has a table at the Flea Market in town tomorrow and I signed up to make 4 dozen white buns and 2 dozen butter tarts and make a bag of play-dough to sell AND a raffle item. So the food I am in the process of making right now because it needs to be dropped off tonight. You can't make it ahead of time because you want it to be fresh fresh. So why on earth did I choose buns & tarts. Oh well, once you get into the swing of things it's not so bad. Not only is the Flea Market on but I also have a family bridal shower tomorrow and offered to bring a dainty...I'm telling you I need to close my mouth once in awhile LOL. Not to mention tonight is Halloween and we are taking the kids trick or treating! And then in amongst all that fun, we are preg checking close 200 bred cows tomorrow and have extra guys to feed and my mother-in-law is going to be working. So that leaves supper up to me. hahahaha. I will be purely vegetating on Sunday! Holding the couch down. Period.

3. It was -10 last night!!!!!! Like what the heck, I do not like it.

4. I'm so in love with my dishwasher and crockpot. Period.

5. Sleep is my favorite activity right now. It is so precious there aren't even words to describe it. Like the other night. We made Trooper (one of our Jack Russells) sleep outside because he had been chewing on some guts all day. We had butchered a steer that day. And he smelled horrible. So. What does he do ALL NIGHT LONG??????????????????? Bark & bark & bark & bark & bark & bark& bark & bark.........Like I don't think he took a breath all night long because all he did was bark. I poked my head out the door about three times to tell him to shut up. And he did till my head hit the pillow again....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Finally at 5 am I could not take it anymore. I stormed out of our room, opened the back door and lost my shit. I literally lost it. And after I screamed all sorts of obscenities at him and he had quit barking, I went and sat on the couch and bawled my eyes out. No word of a lie. I had got zero sleep and I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm sure if you had been a fly on the wall in my house you would have wanted to bring me to an insane asylum lol. I'm not insane, nor have I lost my mind. I am just pregnant women, 8 months to be exact, who is desperate for sleep. If I had had a shotgun within my reach he would be a dead dog. And I wouldn't have felt bad for a least a week. lol. I can handle my kids keeping me up at night. But a dog? No flipping way.

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! Haw's is great for feeding a crew! That's what our guys are getting tonight cause all us women folk are busy!

    ReplyDelete