Monday 20 October 2014

Grandma's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was really in the blogging mood today and had plans of posting pictures from our weekend once my kids went down for naps. But then I realized that I left my camera in the truck and my Hubby took the truck to work this morning...So I guess I'll post them later. For now I'll share a delicious cookie recipe that I made this morning. I've made them twice now and they are very yummy. And no they are not MY Grandma's recipe. They are perfect if your in the baking mood but have no eggs on hand because they require no eggs!

1 cup margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1.5 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat margarine, sugars and vanilla til fluffy.
Mix flour and salt and add to margarine mixture.
Dissolve baking soda into the boiling water and add to flour mixture.
Stir in rolled oats and chips.
Drop onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment