Wednesday 19 September 2012

Hump Day

What a week! and it's only Wednesday...This has been a very busy week so far. We started silaging our corn yesterday which will probably take straight through to Saturday. So that entails Brenda (mother-in-law) and myself to make food all week. Lunch, coffee break and supper. It was my turn to make lunch today so they got homemade baked potato soup, meat buns, tossed salad and chocolate cake. I love this time of the year. Harvest is such a pretty time of year. I love the crisp days, pretty colors on the trees, making meals and baking for everyone who comes to help us reap the benefits of our land. This time of year I especially love to bake and cook.



So back to the beginning of the week! Tanners hair has been in dire need of a haircut...so I decided to tackle it myself! With a electric razor :) My Mom is a hairdresser and usually cuts his hair but we both seem to be so busy lately that when we finally get together that we would rather visit and play with the kids. Anyways, I could not find the guard to put on the razor and I just thought I could do without it. Well it did not turn out so well! Every Mom does this to their kids at least once right?? I'm not the only one, right...? LOL. They say the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is a week...this one will be longer than that!

So that was yesterday! Oh yes, we also went to visit Corey's Grandma. We had not been there in forever and I know she thoroughly enjoyed seeing the kids.

Tanner got to have Rory over for a bit of a play this morning. They play so well together. I'm so glad that they will be growing up together. The rest of our day was not so good. We have had three Jack Russell Terriers for 4-5 years now. Brandy, Rufie and Trooper. Tonight our Rufie dog got run over. He had such a huge personality and we will miss him sooooo much. Honestly he was the favorite out of the three. He was a true Jack, constantly bouncing off the walls! Whenever he wanted in or out he would jump at the door. It would drive me NUTS. Now I miss it and it will be so quiet and boring without him here. He was a wonderful mouse/gopher/mole catcher! Great little hunter. He loved truck rides and his Grandpa would always take pity on him and Trooper and take them in the grain truck or stock trailer! Spoiled brats. Like a said, he will be greatly missed. And we are not sure how we are to explain to our two year old son where he has gone...


Anyways I think that is enough for tonight! Have a great week everybody!

Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment