Thursday 27 September 2012

Please excuse the mess, the children are making memories!

A good friend reminded me of this today. Today was just one of those days that felt like a Monday. Both kids always seemed to be crying at the same time as each other (more than usual lol). And to boot, Tanner never napped and Ali hardly did either. Not to mention that my days have been mixed up ALL week! I thought today was Wednesday and had my whole day planned out to be at home. Then I realized that it's actually Thursday and I had planned on hitting up the MCC bag sale in town. Sheesh.

This week I have been hell bent on fall cleaning my house and it in one week all I got accomplished was most of my kitchen and our one whole bathroom! LOL. Tanner only naps about an hour now so that's about all I get of uninterrupted time these days. Till about 10 or 11 at night. Now don't get me wrong... I am by no means a neat freak, in fact I would say I'm the complete opposite! I like to say that my house always looks lived in :) It's comfortable. BUT that doesn't mean I don't believe in cleaning it. All these jobs I have been neglecting and that the bugs have been help making worse have finally caught up to me. My goal is to pretty much clean my house from top to bottom. I do have to readjust my goal for completion though...that is that I have no goal for completion.  Ha ha. The only thing I know I should do sooner than later is washing the outside of my windows before it's too cold to do so.

It's so easy to get caught up in the rush of life and worry about everything that needs to get done. That's why I love this phrase: Excuse the mess, the children are making memories. It is so true because what are we going to remember in 10 or 20 years? The fact that in the fall of 2012 I never washed the living room ceiling? I doubt it. I'm sure that I will remember that I told my son a million times today to stop standing on the plastic deck box to peek over the deck railing at his beloved kitties only to have him ignore me and end up slipping and smoking his face off the railing! And now has a wonderful mark beside one eye. I am also going to remember that our beautiful daughter Ali turned three months old today. Where does the time go? I will also remember that my in-laws came over this evening for tea and we had a wonderful talk about life in general (so that means farming...) and how Thankful I am for the relationship we have with them. I guess being Thankful has been on my mind lots since Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

So when my two year old would like me to play play dough with him, I do! We also read lots of books! So I hope this post helps some people to stop and realize what exactly is important in their life. Everyone has different priorities in life, mine are my kids and husband (Family in a nutshell). Which makes me think of another phrase: Do not live to work, work to live.

Three months old today <3

Something else I think is that no one goes to see their Grandparents enough, us included. I love this picture.

 So everybody, your house is not going anywhere!!!! BUT the kids are.

Good night,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Ash its so truly inspiring reading all of your entries. Its so awesome. No matter when I visit you or talk, you're so happy... and I know you've not had an easy life at all... anyways - what I'm getting at is I love you and I love your outlook on life. I wish I was there at the old village watching the plowing with you! My dad is going in the competition as well apparently! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thanks Kat! I miss you so much. I'm glad someone is inspired by me!

    ReplyDelete