Friday 19 September 2014

I'm telling you, put meatballs in the freezer!

We can finally say we have two field combined under our belt! One oat field and one barley field. We had hoped to move onto canola today but as I was typing this it was raining once again! This time my mother-in-law operated the new to us combine with my Hubby in the other one. Uncle Bob was trucking and my father-in-law 'trying' to swath oats. They are tough to deal with this year as they are flat as a board. We also had a neighbor down baling straw for us.

SO of my wheels start turning. What are we going to have for supper today?? I had put a perogy/farmer sausage casserole in the slow cooker at lunch time for us. (at that point I was not sure how the day was going to turn out) But it would not be enough for everyone and wouldn't suit my father-in-law as he has Celiac. The other day I put a couple pounds of meatballs in the freezer. Just in case! Well I just pulled them out, cooked some rice and s/s sauce, corn for a veg and sliced fresh tomatoes. If my mother-in-law or sister-in-law are reading this I'm sure they are laughing at me. I just can't stop talking about how happy I was with myself to have been a little more prepared and organized for once! lol. There I was with a full spread of food on the table and I'm pretty sure I did not spend a whole hour preparing it. I will be using my freezer more often. Why have I not done this before! ha ha. Ok, I'm done now.

I forgot to mention how pleased my hubby was with me because I spoke for a new bed for Tanner that I seen for sale online. Just 15 minutes away. So Ali and I left at about 5:30 last night to go get it. That's another reason I was so pleased with myself. I got the bed and had supper ready by the time everyone walked in the door around 7:30-8pm. Then because they love me sooooo much, him and his Dad carried it in and even set it up after we had supper. ;)

We have a sick little girl on our hands, she did not sleep well last night for being completely plugged up. I thought she was a little warm this morning too but it might have just been because she just got out of her warm bed. She has been picking fights all day long with everyone! So I'm glad it's Friday and the weekend is just around the corner.

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment