Wednesday 17 September 2014

Tired, but for a good reason!




Yesterday we were back at those oats again. It felt so good to get in the field and stay there till it was too tough to combine any longer. I have been itching to get out of the house and into the field for days now. Looking after extra kids day in and day out tends to make you feel house bound. So when everyone left yesterday I stole (mwahahahahahha) my Hubby's combine from him and took over. With my father-in-law in the second combine we were able to get something accomplished while the sun shone. Of course that demoted my Hubby to the trucking position. Let me tell you, trying to concentrate on driving a combine, trying to not get it plugged or wreck it in any other sort of way with a two and four year climbing the ceiling and walls in there is interesting to say the least! But I'm a mother, so multi-tasking is a piece of cake......right?;)

Once we were done, it was so nice to come home to a meal all ready for us. Big salute goes out to my slow cooker! ha ha. It has to be one the most wonderful inventions of all time.

So when my day was finally done (our kids were asking to go to bed and were out like lights) I was pooped. BUT I'm OK with being tired when we've been able to accomplish something. And that something is our crop laying out there, so that makes it a very important something.

Happy Harvesting!
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Moms of young children are amazing multi-taskers!! Love reading about your life as a young mom on the farm! Savour it all!

    ReplyDelete