Friday 26 September 2014

Keepsake Recipes

A couple of weeks ago I stopped at my Grandma's for a sporadic visit while Tanner was in Nursery School. We got talking about canning and whatnot and I asked her if she had a recipe for Beet Jelly. I have a row of beets and the only reason I planted them is to use the beet leaves for soup...LOL. I remembered my Mom making Beet Jelly when I was growing up so I it might be a good way to use up these beets. (Well my Hubby informs me that he loves pickled beets but no one makes them anymore....after six years of marriage, I still don't know everything about him!! ;)) Anyways, Grandma dug out her little recipe box full of typewritten recipes. While she was digging for the Beet Jelly recipe she found other recipes that she thought I might like...One or two of them actually come from her Mom, so my Great-Grandma. Here they are:







As she handed them to me I snapped pictures of them with my phone. Much easier than writing them out! So once she got through them all and I handed them back she says oh you weren't interested in any of them? I laughed and said, Oh Yes! I took pictures of the cards with my phone! She laughed, shaking her head, well isn't that handy. lol.

Anyways, I was gald she shared these with me. I'm sure she doesn't realize it's very special to me!

Have a great day! We did finally finish that field of canola but we are having a heck of a time plugging both combines....Not fun! I'm on supper duty this weekend.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment