Tuesday, 9 October 2012

The happenings of the last 2 days...

#1. I give up on potty training for a few days. It just does not work when you are running all over the countryside to eat turkey. Plus Tanner just has absolutely NO interest and I feel as though I was pushing it a little too hard...

#2. We almost have the footing for our house ready to pour with cement! I was so happy to see one of the guys my Hubby works with show up without being asked to help him. It was very much appreciated bc me being out there with both kids is hard trying to help him when it;s only like +4 (so too cold for baby to be out there) and Tanner is constantly slipping away from me and all of a sudden he is out of the basement whole and running along the outside and up and down the mounds of dirt, is not very easy! Because I can totally see him falling in one day.

#3. Never take a two year old to a cabinetry showcase room/place when he has been sitting too long in a vehicle and is wound like a top...end result being that I have no hair left and he is trying to destroy the place. Ahhhh! I'm not sure what his father gave him this morning but he drove me nuts all day long today. But that's a typical two year old for you.

#4. I actually got to have an hour nap today while the kids slept this afternoon. It was bliss.

#5. On Monday when it was so crappy out I decided to make homemade bread from scratch. I am trying to be very thrifty with our money and cut my grocery bill down. I did manage to cut it down but $130 last month! Anyways it turned out great and I think the recipe might be a keeper. Hubby made fun of the loaves being funny shapes and not looking the same but whatever! I also baked some chocolate banana muffins which I was not pleased with so I will not share the recipe and I made a chocolate cake (out of box!).

Multi-Grain Bread

6 cups warm water
1 cup oil
3 tbsp salt
3 eggs
2/3 cup honey or brown sugar (I used honey)
1/2 cup flaxseed (ground)
1/2 cup bran
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dark rye flour
2-3 tbsp fast acting yeast(I used 3...was cool in my house and it's older yeast I want to use up)
4 cups whole wheat flour
6-8 cups white flour (I think I used 7 cups)

Mix together all ingredients except white flour. Add yeast. Add flour to make a stiff dough. Knead well, Let rise for 1 hour. Punch down. Let rise again. Divide into 6 loaves. Let rise till double in size. Bake at 350 for 23 to 25 min. Cool on wire rack. Bread stays very moist.

#6. We went to my Dad's on Monday night to have a small Thanksgiving celebration and I brought the chocolate cake to celebrate my brothers birthday that is in a week. He will turn 24 :) It was nice bc we don't seem to get together very often any more and I don't like that. We need to make more of an effort to make time to see each other. 

#7. The in-laws arrived home tonight...they tooted the horn as they went by. It 10pm already and I'm sure they were pooped! So they did not stop. I'm glad they are home, it is so quiet around the farm when they are away. So tomorrow will catch up, I'm sure Tanner is missing them. His Dad has been having to give him horsey rides (on his knee) since Grandpa has not been around to do so! lol.

#8. Since yesterday morning our internet has not been working!!! I was on the phone with them yesterday afternoon and again tonight. Tonight resulted in my red hair throwing a tantrum and me hanging up the phone on a very dense tithead of a woman. I won't even get into the details except for when I finally got a decent person on the phone I accidentally unplugged the phone and lost him. So then I was extra mad at myself! But then low and behold I checked it later tonight and it's working! :D

Anyways, that's all my ramblings for tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment